Tuesday, July 27, 2004

17.17 On Time
Just short of The Peeing Man of Ingol (don't panic - it's a statue) (and I don't think that's its official name) the train squeals to a rather impressive emergency stop. The Driver leaves his cabin and bustles the length (two whole carriages) of the train to the Conductor's cupboard. Moments later he bustles back again ... I am wondering if he left his sandwiches on the platform, or if his flask has broken, or he's had a row with his significant other and just had to share with a sympathetic ear ... We judder and shake back into motion. The Driver announces his apologies and rather shakily tells us "three lads were running down the track, sorry for the delay."
 
Not half as sorry as they could have been.
 
And I'm back on random play:
 
Street Spirit - Radiohead
Mess - Ben Folds Five
Girl From Mars - Ash
This Is Not Who We Were - Mull Historical Society
Quiet and Small - Looper
Michael - Franz Ferdinand (still not convinced by Franz Ferdinand)
Hate To Say I Told You So - The Hives
Camping Next To Water - Badly Drawn Boy
More Than A Feeling - Boston (oh, the secret shame of loving this song.. but, 'I hide in my music, forget my day...I close my eyes and I drift away'... you've got to love it!)
 
 

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?