Thursday, September 09, 2004

8.13 On Time
I'm on a roll. Following the Belle & Sebastian set list triumph I have had a Badly Drawn Boy autographed kinder egg victory. The support band threw it out to the 'crowd' (quite sparsley dotted around the Bridgewater Hall at that point) it flew straight towards us. Tim and a Lad in the row infront both went for the catch - there was fumbling. The egg fell to the floor. There was some scambling.I had a flash of insight and realised that if Tim got to it first he was going to give it to the Lad anyway. I put my foot on it and pulled it towards me. Tim is a LovelyPerson. I am not. It went into my pocket.

Anyway, Badly Drawn Boy. Odd little chap. First half of the show - needed to loosen up. Second half - needed to tighten up. Someone got married on stage and BDB announced his retirement.

But I don't think either was legally binding.

Bottle Up And Explode - Elliott Smith
Switching Off - Elbow
Dirth Dream Number Two - Belle & Sebastian
Fall On Me - REM
How Soon Is Now - The Smiths
Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist - Muse
Shipbuilding - Elvis Costello
There's A Light Beyond These Woods, Mary Margaret - Nanci Griffith
High And Dry - Radiohead

Post Script: Stuart's Diary entry for the 8th September is full of the sort of detail I really want to read about the Mercurys!






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?