Wednesday, September 08, 2004

And sometimes my head is full of stuff.
Which is why I'm wide awake at 4.00am thinking I don't know who won the Mercury Music Prize and hoping it wasn't Franz Ferdinand*
And, who's is the mystery bottle of Stella in the fridge at work? And if it's still there at 5.00pm today (or maybe sooner, if today's as hot as yesterday) it might be mine.
And how come some people say "I've wiped it up" when all they've done is spread it more thinly.
And what about my impulse this evening to walk up to the door of the PoshPlace that wouldn't let me in on Friday when I was wearing baseball boots, hover on the threshold for a second, turn on my heels and walk away exclaiming "Nah! don't think so". Yes, I know the Bouncers wouldn't be mortified, I know it's childish, petty, stupid even. But is it not an understandable impulse?
So, in the unlikely event of anyone wanting a good (not cheap, but very good) place to eat in St Annes I'd recommend a visit to Jack's. Don't bother with Joya, across the road (and when I've got up to the chapter on Links in my book that is where some would be)**
Why am I wide awake? It's not even as if I had RedBull or am obsessing over that "20 Best Songs" question......

*I know now. Shame it had to be the third best Glasgow Based Band that won.

**I can do links now

7.35 15 Minutes Late

Not A Playlist, But The 20 Best Songs
Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley
Ever Fallen In Love...- Buzzcocks
Anchorage - Michelle Shocked
There's A Light Beyond These Woods Mary Margaret - Nanci Griffith
High And Dry - Radiohead
How Soon Is Now - Smiths
Wichita Lineman - Glen Campbell
Switching Off - Elbow
Dirty Dream Number Two - Belle & Sebastian
In My Life - The Beatles
Another Girl Another Planet - The Only Ones
Friday I'm In Love - The Cure
Thoughts of a Dying Atheist - Muse
Fall On Me - REM
Alison - Elvis Costello
Beautiful Freak - Eels
Bottle Up & Explode - Elliott Smith
Alice Childress - Ben Folds Five
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
Don't Fear The Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult

(valid for 24 hours only)
Oh, and I already want to swop Alison for Shipbuilding, and Fall On Me for Country Feedback ...




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?