Friday, September 17, 2004

Your Time Starts Now

17.17 9 Minutes Late
The eggshells atmosphere is still affecting the office. I found it particularly difficult to concentrate today, despite Leanne's absence. Spent two hours writing a letter and got no further than "Mrs Blah appears to be experiencing some difficulty..." Mrs Blah is not the only one. My desk is completely dust free though.

Being a Friday the train is packed and there is quite a lot of alcohol being consumed. I forsake my 'normal' seat as it's a bit close to a scary looking Scottish family who are all swigging Fosters. (Well, all except the three year old). GirlWhoTalksWithHerHands' Friend sits next to me, which is comforting, and soon I'm dozing. The smell of lager is very strong. It's not unpleasant, it just makes me want some. It really is very strong. In fact I can almost taste it. I'm jolted awake just in time to see GirlWhoTalksWithHerHands' Friend neatly crushing an empty Grolsch can and tidying it away into her lunchbox... that explains it then. But she could've offered me some.

I Want You - Elvis Costello
Into My Arms - Nick Cave
Love Becomes A Savage - The Lilac Time
Hoover Factory - Elvis Costello
Butterfly Collector - The Jam
Out Of Time - Blur
I Didn't Understand - Elliott Smith
Feeling Oblivion - Turin Brakes
Powder Blue - Elbow
Just A Memory - Elvis Costello



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?