Thursday, October 21, 2004

It Could Be Worse, I Could Be Listening To Leonard Cohen...Oh, I Am

7.35 Twenty Five Minutes Late OR 8.13 Thirteen minutes early?
As an unscheduled train pulls into the station it's a chose-your-own adventure.

Luckily, my train-cock up senses have been tingling and I am early for the 8.13 so able to hop straight onboard and settle down to enjoy the free trip to The End Of The Line. It's been a while since I've had a good look at the Airport and Prison, sorry, Holiday Camp.

It's at times like these that I really LOVE my mp3 player.

An InvisibleConductor announces: "Sorry for the delay to the 7.35 service which is due to a problem with the engine" his voice takes on an edge of bitterness "as you can tell, as we have very few lights and no heating" he ploughs on "also, due to the weather conditions, some trees were on the line".

His day is clearly going to be far worse than mine.

"Oh, and, we won't be able to sell any tickets"

There is a muted cheer.

I Wasn't Scared Of Flying - Stephen Duffy
Numbered Days - Eels
The Zephyr Song - Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Some Might Say - Oasis
True Faith - New Order
Vehicles & Animals - Athlete
B-Movie - Elvis Costello
Untouchable - Rialto
Just The Way I'm Feeling - Feeder
Uncorrected Personality Traits - Robyn Hitchcock
Turn - Travis
Hallelujah - Leonard Cohen

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?