Monday, November 29, 2004

Party Fears Two

17.17 Cancelled
Despite the fact that the web site told me it was on time. They lie. They lie.
So, here I am, back at work, in an empty office with an hour to kill.

I could do some work.

There appear to have been no repercussions from Friday night, which is good obviously. But, also a little disappointing. The seating plan was implemented with, lets say, 90% success. Charlie and PerfectTeamMember were close enough. LovelyTeamMember was centrally placed, for entertainment purposes. LineManager was distanced from EggshellsColleague. MegalomaniacColleague was safely shepherded away from both EggshellsColleague and RecentlyBereavedColleague. Sadly, the sacrificial lamb turned out to be me. Who'd have thought it? With hindsight, maybe my 'no wine' policy was a bit of a mistake.

I still managed to be sitting next to Leanne though, so it wasn't the end of the world.

If I were paranoid I might start to wonder if someone else's plan had been 100% successful.
Good job I'm not.

Fingers crossed for the 18.23:
I Close My Eyes And Count To Ten - Dusty Springfield
Lydia - Dean Friedman
Single - Everything But The Girl
Time After Time - Eva Cassidy
Back Of My Hand - Gemma Hayes
All Kinds Of Time - Fountains Of Wayne
Wichita Lineman - Glen Campbell
Miracle - Josh Rouse
I Hope That I Don't Fall In Love ... - Natalie Merchant
Fuck Me Kitten - REM
Everybody Come Down - The Delgados

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?