Wednesday, November 03, 2004

United States Of Whatever

7.35 On Time
I spoke to the Bishop of Haiti today. He wasn't in Haiti, he was in Rossendale. Or so he said. I'm making him put it in writing just to be sure.

Just sing up will you!

As if that wasn't excitement enough, Tim & I went to see the "let's rub salt in the wound" named 'Hope Of The States' again tonight. They've got some half decent / potentially anthemic songs. Unfortunately, they also have a lead singer who throws away cast iron certainty crowd pleasing choruses by mumble-singing.* I think they did better in Boston when overcoming the adversity of the vomiting drummer.

All U Can Eat - Ben Folds
From Red To Blue - Billy Bragg
For You - Bruce Springsteen
No Better Place - Fountains of Wayne
Because - Elliott Smith
Everything Beautiful Is Far Away - Grandaddy
George Washington - Hope Of The States
Free World - Kirsty MacColl
United States Of Whatever - Liam Lynch

(*Just to clarify, in case that sounds a little harsh - I did enjoy it, but I think they could do so much better!)




Labels: ,




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?