Monday, December 06, 2004

Driver L8 (see what I did there? ... possibly not)

17.17 Thirty Minutes Late
This has been one of FNW's least glorious days. At least no one dared to ask for tickets this evening, which was a good thing seeing as I didn't have one. I feel that's fair enough, under the circumstances.

Anyway, I'm not going to rant about it. A pint of Guinness can do that to you.

I am going to relive a little vignette from earlier in the day (envisage wavy lines to indicate flashback)
LineManager:"Beth, do you fancy a job?"
Me: "?"
LineManager:"You're not going to HeadHonchos Christmas Quiz are you?"
ME (cautiously): "No. Once was enough"
LineManager"How do you fancy doing some of the questions then? HeadHoncho has been told all his questions are out of date. You'll get some time off to do it. Some pop music questions that someone like TrendyYoungThing could answer?"

So, I may have agreed.

There's a rumour going round to that effect anyway.

HELP!




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?