Tuesday, December 14, 2004

The End Of The World

17.12 On Time
In the new regime "FNW" is no more. We are ruled by "Northern" now and the timetable and uniforms have changed to prove it. TicketSellingGuy is delighted. Well, that old green-with-a-hint-of-purple jacket & pants set did nobody any favours. And you can't go wrong with navy can you?

What a cracking day it's been. I bought a fabulous skirt from the corset shop at lunchtime. I spoke to someone who really was called Chris Tingley. And, I got to use the: "With the greatest respect we're not talking about a kidney dialysis machine" line.

As in:

"But ... but what if I don't have my TV for Christmas?"

"Well, it wouldn't be the end of the world would it?"

"It is the end of the world if you've got children"

"With the greatest respect ... " *

Am I in a good mood because I listen to Gloom Rock, or do I listen to Gloom Rock because I'm in a good mood?

As Nick Hornby never said.

A Forest - The Cure
The Red, The White, The Black, The Blue - Hope Of The States
Feeling Good - Muse
A Letter To Elise - The Cure
My Iron Lung - Radiohead
The End Of The World - The Cure
Screenager - Muse
Sadness On My Back - Hope Of The States
Karma Police - Radiohead
To Wish Impossible Things - The Cure
Hysteria - Muse

*Ooops. I guess I forgot about trying to be nice.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?