Thursday, December 02, 2004

Free Lunch?

22.49 (Wednesday) Fifteen Minutes Late
In return for distributing free stuff to the hapless punters good people of Preston (and how unbelievably difficult it is to give stuff away!) some BigWigs provided us with a very nice meal.

How likely was it that ScottishBlokeBigWig sitting opposite me would have attended the Somerset House concerts of Air, Royksopp and Lambchop? Or that he would like Lambchop? And Wilco, and Rufus Wainwright, and Grandaddy ... and XTC ?
And football. The house was well and truly on fire by this time, and when he dropped in the fact that his dad was second cousin to Peter Lorimer... Well.

I should've left it there. I should've walked away. But I was flushed with success. I thought it was a given.
So, I asked:"What about The West Wing?"
"Don't like it." vigourous head shaking. "Don't like it."
"Wha'.....? ho'....? wh'.....?" Bemused incomprehension.
"No, don't really get it." More head shaking. "Only seen a couple of episodes"
"Ah, well....."

He's got his weekend sorted now. Get Season One out of the library and GIVE IT A GO!

Oh, and SmellyColleague made an arse of himself. Which was nice.

The Crystal Lake - Grandaddy
From Wisconsin - Wolf Colonel
There's A Story In Your Voice - Elvis Costello
My Old Raincoat - E
One More Cup Of Coffee - The White Stripes
Timestretched - Divine Comedy
Sadness On My Back - Hope Of The States
No Ending - The Delays



Labels: , ,




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?