Friday, January 21, 2005

17.12 On Time
LovelyTeamMember thinks I'm GeekBoy's TrainFantasy.


I was bemoaning the circumstances which had led to me having to change my morning routine to avoid the possibility of GeekBoy attempting to have conversation with me on the way to work. There is a strict etiquette to which all commuters should adhere: platform based conversation is fine, conversation at times of crisis is essential. Conversation under any other conditions is crossing the line. After all, train time is me time. Train time is music time.

Lately, GeekBoy seems to have forgotten these basic rules, going so far as to change his seating preferences, alter his pace and even hang around at the station gate until, despite dragging my feet as much as I reasonably could, I had to catch up with him.

I outlined the symptoms to Lovely, his diagnosis was:"You're his Train Fantasy".

As I am a great respecter of Lovely's reading of ManNature I have no choice but to believe him. The good news is GeekBoy will also have a SupermarketFantasy, an OfficeFantasy and possibly a whole range of LibraryFantasys running concurrently.

But, apparently, it's nothing to worry about.

(Lovely makes do with a Kirstie Allsopp Fantasy.)

Meanwhile, in the real world:

It seems unlikely that good can come of
this, On the other hand how much worse can it get?

Fought In A War - Belle & Sebastian
You Get What You Give - The New Radicals
Sick Day - Fountains Of Wayne
Who By Fire - House Of Love
The Problem - Lambchop
Waiting For The End Of The World - Elvis Costello
Not The Tremblin' Kind - Laura Cantrell
You Fall - Jason Anderson

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?