Friday, January 07, 2005

Confidence Crisis Strikes Dream Team!

7.31 On Time

Charlie: 'This thing I've been told about how this Company -Thing works, it's so bizarre it can't possibly be true can it?"
Me: "I dunno."
Charlie:"Because, it seems really perverse and unfair that this should be the way things are, if this is, indeed, the way things are?".
Me: "I dunno."
Charlie: "I've got to be looking at this from the wrong angle haven't I? I must be missing something, right?"
Me: "Dunno."
Charlie:"Because if this were true it would mean the way things are is rubbish. Wouldn't it?"
Me: Shrug.
Pause.
Charlie:"Shall I ask LineManager?"
Me: Dumb Nodding.

You see, yesterday PerfectTeamMember made a mistake.
A genuine, honest to goodness "but I was sure I was right" 100% mistake.
There has been an exhaustive (and totally unnecessary) post mortem, as a result of which we will probably get a dense email from LineManager on Monday morning implementing half a dozen new procedures to ensure that we never slip up in this most grievous fashion ever again.

We will.

But, as a result, I think that smug look may have been wiped off my face, for a day or two.

And I have eaten the Emergency Mars Bar.

The Libertines - The Libertines
(apart from "Can't Stand Me Now" I think this may be overrated)

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?