Thursday, January 06, 2005

Credit Note Season

8.10 Cancelled
9.06 Five Minutes Late

The husband & wife sitting opposite each other, on the middle seats just infront of me, must be in their late seventies. They are of the pale old person genre. The ones who look as though they've been washed so many times all their colour is fading away. Their friend disembarked at the previous stop. The wife obviously still carries a torch for him. When he got on, she moved her belongings and patted the seat beside her animatedly, so that he had to sit next to her, despite being perfectly comfortable where he was. As the train pulled away and left him on the platform, she was waving. "He can't see me" she said sadly.
He never could. That was the problem.

January is Credit Note Season.
I like it. It's easy.
Question: Can I have my money back ?
a) my [insert consumer durable] is the wrong size
b) I don't like the colour of my [insert consumer durable]
c) I've already got [insert consumer durable]
d) my boy/girlfriend says my [insert consumer durable] make me look fat
Answer:
a) No
b) No
c) No
d) No, and, get a new boy/girlfriend

Hot Fuss - The Killers

Labels: ,




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?