Thursday, January 27, 2005

Hair

17.12 On Time
I know it's Holocaust Memorial Day and my mind shouldn't be occupied with something so trivial as a haircut* but, guess what ? It is.

I was very brave. When I was told my usual 'stylist' CampDavid wouldn't be available I didn't just mumble: "I won't bother then" and back out of the door. I embraced change.

Partly, I hoped my leap of faith would result in an amazing transformation, like the ugly duckling into the beautiful swan, the phoenix from the flames, Eric into Bananaman or ... something. Luckily, I managed to retain a slim grasp on reality, so I'm not that disappointed.

I didn't really care so much what Sally did to my hair, after all what's the worst that can happen?
No, what I really hate is sitting in front of the mirror trying to look anywhere but at my own reflection. How come everyone else in the place looks gorgeous, while I look pasty, overweight, tired & washed out?

Also, I really need to get a better answer to the "What products do you use?" question than "Whatever's on 'buy one get one free' in Morrisons".

Jeannie's Diary - Eels
Losing Lisa - Ben Folds
Woman Of The World - Divine Comedy
I'm Not Angry - Elvis Costello
Change Your Mind - The Killers
The Beatles & The Stones - House Of Love
The North Star - Roddy Frame
In Bloom - Nirvana


* Tim doesn't seem to have spotted it yet.

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?