Thursday, February 17, 2005

The Delivery Man

8.10 On Time
Not bad for an old git.
Two and a half hours of relentless Elvis. I can appreciate it's not everybodys cup of tea but, well, only the most curmudgeonly could've come away from the Royal Court feeling short changed by that performance. He takes you up, he brings you down, he shouts, he whispers, he barely pauses for breath. He dedicates "I Don't Want To Go To Chelsea" to Steven Gerrard. He does "Good Year For The Roses" as if he'd discovered it last week. At one point he sings through his guitar.


There were a couple of songs I didn't recognise.


Perhaps I should get round to listening to "North" all the way through?

Eye Of The Needle - Divine Comedy
Breathe - Leaves
Running Out Of Angels - Elvis Costello
Back To The Treehouse - Looper
Pineapple Head - Crowded House
My Iron Lung - Radiohead
Circle Dream - 10,000 Maniacs
Wasted And Ready - Ben Kweller
The More You Ignore Me The Closer I Get - Morrisey



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?