Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Does This Train Stop At Lancaster?

14.48 Cancelled
I got to go to Lancaster again today, and again the sun shone and Lancaster was beautiful. Well, maybe not 'beautiful', but certainly handsome. Sadly, I was busy and didn't manage to get away before 1.45 and, even more sadly, the Sun Cafe was closed for refurbishment and I had to find somewhere else to go for lunch.

Going to Lancaster means I get to sit on a proper train, with comfy, padded, train seats rather than benches and without rattling and shaking. The hi-tech train does make a lot of unnecessary bleepy noises which I find quite distressing. Messages were broadcast from John, the Retail Manager and Kevin, the Train Manager. Later I got to meet Kevin the Train Manager in person as I got into trouble for traveling without a valid ticket. After making a bit of a fuss and giving me a copy of Virgin's new ticketing policy he reluctantly agreed to sell me the ticket I'd asked him for in the first place.
But I mustn't do it again.

Half The Fun - Snow Patrol
Mr Brightside - The Killers
Kings Crossing - Elliott Smith
Nearer Than Heaven - The Delays
Old Friends - Simon & Garfunkel
Is This All That I Came For - The Delgados
Middle Class Heroes - Divine Comedy
Slow Hands - Interpol
The Way I Am - Eminem




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?