Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Tinseltown In The Rain

8.42 Delayed...Cancelled...Turned into a Bus (Points Failure).
I need to be in Lancaster by 10.00. As I am on the platform in time to catch the 8.42, and Lancaster is 20 minutes away, you wouldn't really think I'm going to be late.

You would?

You must use trains too.

I end up 25 minutes late.
I hate people who are late for appointments.
Maybe 'hate' is the wrong word? I despise people who are late for appointments. It's rude, disrespectful, sloppy ... and doesn't sit well with my controlfreakery. So, I apologise profusely to the understanding elderly gentleman I have kept waiting, then he smiles his deceptively benign smile,opens his folder, and triumphantly brandishes his Timeshare complaint.

And it's raining.

Anyway, the Sun Cafe was open, coming back only took 40 minutes, and I think primroses were rife on the banks of the cuttings (primroses or cowslips anyway) so it wasn't all bad.

My Love Has Gone - Josh Rouse
It's The Nighttime - Josh Rouse
Middle School Frown - Josh Rouse
Solid Air - John Martyn
Fruit Tree - Nick Drake
Black Velvet - The Lilac Time
Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley
Pretty Things - Rufus Wainwright
Tinseltown In The Rain - The Blue Nile
2nd Law - Tom McRae
Talk Her Down - Starsailor
(I Wish I Was) Bullet Proof - Radiohead
Rebel Prince - The Beautiful South
Western Sky - American Music Club
A Fond Farewell - Elliott Smith

Labels: ,




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?