Sunday, June 12, 2005

GOAT Extra - Bitches Ain't Shit

Yesterday TheOlderBoy, Tim & I swanned off to the Lowry for a bit of art and a lot of Mr Ben Folds.

I may or may not have professed my deep love of Mr Ben Folds previously, I can't remember, and if I have I don't care. It bears repeating.

We were treated to over two hours of melody, piano hammering, cussing and being the trumpets on 'Army'. Only disappointment being he didn't do 'Alice Childress', which is probably my number one Ben Folds song, if I have to choose. Luckily, despite some delusional soul behind me shouting for it, he didn't do 'Fired' either. Definitely my least favourite.
We also learned that : "Bitches can't hang with the streets". A beautiful singalong moment, illuminated by the light of a thousand camera phones.

We were an impeccably behaved audience (apart from the camera phones - am I being overly puritanical? Or are they annoying as hell?) No concert rage here....


And I coordinated nicely with the surroundings. (The cast comes off on Tuesday).

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?