Wednesday, June 15, 2005

'Not indispensible' shock!

15.12 On Time
Despite not being allowed to go to work, I went to work today.
I learned that sometimes, eventually, it turns out that the job might be worth doing.
I feel better for knowing that my phone wasn't in meltdown with unreturned calls and my desk wasn't groaning under the weight of pink message slips and unanswered mail. My team was running itself quite capably. The Office hadn't ground to a halt. In fact, nobody seemed to have missed me at all.

However, Someone had been messing about with my settings, which is a bud that needs nipping immediately I can tell you. I almost left a strongly worded post-it, then couldn't be arsed.

It has become clear that I need a schedule. I need to achieve something positive in the next two weeks. I need to take a deep breath, come to terms with being classed as 'long-term sick', stop feeling guilty and start feeling motivated.

But first, the sun's coming out and there's a hammock in the garden ... so, I'll do a list tomorrow. Or at least write myself a strongly worded post-it.

King Horse - Elvis Costello
Stranger By The Minute - Porcupine Tree
Goodbye Star - Lorien
We're All Light - XTC
Finest Worksong - REM
The Girl Who Waves At Trains - The Lilac Time
Dusty - Astrid
Billed As Single - Reindeer Section

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?