Monday, July 25, 2005

Each Time I Bring It Up, It Seems To Bring You Down

17.12 On Time
Four people cried today.

F.O.U.R.

Four people whose lives were in such a state that they ended up sobbing to a stranger on the telephone. I don't really mind when people weep. I can usually cope with it in a detatched, "Don't worry about it", "Take your time", "Make yourself a nice cup of tea/large gin and tonic" [delete as applicable] kind of a way.

But it doesn't usually happen four times in one day. That has to be some kind of record.

And I'm sorry, but I confess, when I'd dispatched the person who was blubbing because they didn't get to see a Robbie Williams Tribute Act, I did snigger.

Borrowed "Bullying and Sexual Harassment" and "Working With Difficult People" from the library on Saturday. May need to read them yet.


No Name #1 - Elliott Smith
Dinner At Eight - Rufus Wainwright
Mermaid Blues - Tom McRae
Driftwood - Travis
Hermitage - James Yorkston
Luckiest Man Alive - Finn Brothers
Shouldn't Be Ashamed - Wilco
Last Time We Spoke - Eels

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?