Monday, September 19, 2005

More Adventurous - GirlontheM25

A3, M25, M40, M42, M6 Toll, M6, M55
The absentminded bar maid who had accidentally poured away my half-pulled Guinness asked if I was with the Big Party and :"What's going on?"

I tried to explain.

"It's some people who know each other, and some people who think they know each other because they've read about each other on the internet, mostly quite nervous, getting pissed as quickly as possible."

It was the best I could do at the time. I was mostly quite nervous.

(I did say she might want to keep an eye on the disruptive looking bloke in the pink shirt, he looked the sort who might be trying to move furniture later)

Anyway, my VirtuallySecretCrush remained intact and, although 'mingling' is putting it a bit strong, I had a few actual conversations with some really nice people.

Later, someone tried to impress me with technology by letting me hold an after eight mint and pretending it was the latest thing.

Later still there was hugging, then leaving, and Japanese food.

[Big thanks to the organisers, and our gracious hosts.]

Asleep At The Back - Elbow
More Adventurous - Rilo Kiley
Take Offs & Landings - Rilo Kiley
The Execution Of All Things - Rilo Kiley
Excerpts From The Diary Of Todd Zilla - Grandaddy



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?