Tuesday, October 18, 2005

17.12 On Time
It's not that I think walking boots are the same as shoes.

I don't have a problem entering emporia purveying fleecy fabrics, unbreakable flasks and gore tex, they're nothing like Shoe Shops, it's not that.
I don't want to buy a new pair of walking boots because I'm emotionally attached to my old ones. They are sturdy boots, dourly made by pre-glasnost east europeans. They're not new fangled fancy dan designer footwear. They're honest, hardworking and I bought them from a proper family business in my own home town. My luddite soul wants to hold on to them till they fall apart.

Unfortunately, aided by regular dubbing, they are holding up remarkably well and showing virtually no signs of wear.

I was hobbling around the office in my socks today.

It's my feet that are falling apart.

I need some new walking boots.

All Maps Welcome - Tom McRae



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?