Monday, November 07, 2005

Tell Me At Least Six Things You May Or May Not Consider Personal

17.12 Five Minutes Late
The Other Saturday I think we might have had a bit of a 'Tell me what don't you like about yourself' session.

Something I didn't think of at the time, but I am reminded of today, is my overwhelming urge to press the self destruct button on a semi-regular basis.

Why? Why? Why?

Lateish on this afternoon I take a call.
It starts well: "Could you tell me, is it misleading to give irrelevant information?"
Sounds like a potentially interesting question, something I might be able to get my teeth into ... I wade right in ... "Yes, possibly. It's possible for silence to be misleading. It would depend on the circumstances"

The circumstances, which he launches into with no further encouragement, relate to the fact that the guy has had to spend seven minutes in our queue, listening to a message informing him that last month's average wait was two minutes, and that we are currently answering calls within three minutes.

"...so you see," He continues, "that information is useless to me. I don't care what happened last month. It is irrelevant and misleading." He eventually concludes with "You might like to think about that".

I can't help it.

"I will. Thank you for calling"

I hang up.


Poor Fractured Atlas – Elvis Costello
Midnight Show – The Killers
A Little Bit Me, A Little Bit You – The Monkees
Writing To Reach You – Travis
Is She Really Going Out With Him – Joe Jackson
Evil – Interpol
How Soon Is Now – The Smiths
Deep Blue Day – Leaves
Out Of Time – Blur



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?