Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Do I Love You? Yes! I Love You...

7.31 On Time
In a formative year (it was long ago and far away) I overheard three conversations which, albeit in a backhanded kind of way, disprove the adage about eavesdroppers never hearing any good of themselves.


"She’d be quite pretty if she wasn’t so fat”
“She’s quite funny, once you get to know her”
“She’s not very romantic”


The last was from my (then) best friend, during a careers lesson where we were supposed to be identifying other peoples’ strengths & weakness. I’m still not sure what job my lack of romance was disqualifying me from, but I suppose she was right.

Yesterday I talked ZebedeeTheReceptionist out of sending her new(ish) bloke red roses at his place of work.

Did I do right, or was it just my unromantic soul speaking?

It’s grey, it’s wet, it’s February.
Everyone on the train (probably myself included) smells of wet dog.
The lights of the multi storey car park fizz like sparklers through the raindrops on the windowpane.
This morning was made for The Blue Nile.

Tinseltown In The Rain
Let’s Go Out Tonight
Automobile Noise
From A Late Night Train
A Walk Across The Rooftops
Headlights On The Parade
Soul Boy



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?