Tuesday, April 04, 2006

8.10 On Time
The train arrived early.
It was going to be sitting at the station for the next ten minutes.
Everyone was quiet, contemplating the day ahead, reading the paper, taking advantage of an extra ten minutes sleep.

Everyone was quiet, except you.

Punctuating the call with sobs.

"Why won't you talk to me?"....."But... but I love you and you keep running away from me”… "Why don’t you listen to me?” ... “I’m not jealous of her”...."We can get back together again"...

Calling back, even when it was obvious he’d hung up on you.
Calling your friend afterwards to go through it all again.


We all went through it all again.

This was not the place for you to be having that conversation, and you are old enough to know better.

It'll be along time before I forget my jukebox again I can tell you.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?