Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Last Night In The Bar

17.12 On Time
There is one song I can't hear without being transported back to the college bar.

At the first screech of "Whiskey in the Jar" I'm there, in a booth, slouching on mustard coloured faux leather, with half a weak cider in a warm glass, monitoring the boy with the Phil Oakey fringe and knowing, from the feeling in the pit of my stomach, that tonight really is going to be different ...

But enough of that.

What I actually need to be doing is concentrating on what the hell I'm going to put on that redeployment form they want in by tomorrow.

Whiskey In The Jar - Thin Lizzy
Tainted Love - Soft Cell
Reward - Teardrop Explodes
Roadrunner - Jonathan Richman & The Modern Lovers
Electricity - Orchestral Manouvres In The Dark
Ever Fallen In Love... - Buzzcocks
Sgt Rock - XTC
Daydream Believer - The Monkees

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?