Monday, July 03, 2006

...I see a wish when I look into your eyes

7.31 On Time
I've been back at work for a week now.
I've been giving it a fair chance.
I've been trying to find some spark, some reason to remain optimistic about our collective futures, but there's nothing. The knowledge that on Thursday, LineManager is probably going to try to persuade one of us to get het-up about mobile phone cash-backs, does nothing to inspire.

Being redeployed in my absence would almost have been a blessing - at least something would've happened.

At 7.00am I sat in the garden with a cup of tea and listened to the birds.
At 8.00am I stepped off the train with the sinking feeling that I'd already enjoyed the best part of my day.

Being currently obsessed with a song containing the lyrics "The road you'd chosen to follow slowed and turned into a cul-de-sac, there's no shame in turning back and trying something new" doesn't help either.

Oh, and I'd like a marxophone please.

Pink Bullets - The Shins
Acrobat - Johnathan Rice
Western Skies - Roddy Frame
Western Sky - American Music Club
Perfect - The Lightning Seeds
Middle School Frown - Josh Rouse
Cruel - Calexico
Marble Arch - Roddy Frame



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?