Saturday, August 05, 2006

...if life could taste that good again I swear I'd never complain

22.51 Fifteen Minutes Late
Last night I dreamt about you.

We were on holiday, the summer between lower and upper sixth, in that bunk house at the foot of Coniston Old Man. You bought me a present from a craft shop. A 'dreamcatcher' as interpreted by a middle-aged new-age Cumbrian. Feathers and fur, straws and cross stitch.
I was embarrassed because I wasn't sure if you knew it was a hideous piece of trash and you were joking or if you seriously believed it was the sort of thing I might like.

You insisted in speaking in that ridiculous American accent all week.
Then you started flirting with Leonie, because you thought she was my friend, but the truth is she was a bitch and I couldn't bear her.

But we were never at school together were we?
And I've never known anyone called Leonie.

Maybe it was the chilli vodka?

Behind The Frontlines - Johnathan Rice
Brothers On A Hotel Bed - Death Cab For Cutie
Mushaboom - Feist
Dry Land - Roddy Frame
Learn To Live With What You Are - Ben Folds
Hello In There - 10,000 Maniacs
Hackensack - Fountains Of Wayne
Indoor Fireworks - Elvis Costello

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?