Friday, September 22, 2006

Friday 1st September - Seattle

The boy from the front desk is very apologetic, but short of donning a pinny and arming himself with a feather duster there doesn’t seem to be much more he can do to speed up the cleaning of our room.

We sit in the lobby.
Tim gets a bit agitated and I find myself in the unlikely position of being the calming influence.

The boy from the front desk returns. He apologises again and says he’ll send someone from the bar to take our drinks order (complimentary of course).

Tim mutters and frowns. I point him towards the beer menu and select a nice white for myself. This new 'stop stessing' persona I've somehow picked up between the Harbor and the hotel is curiously satisfying.

The boy from the front desk comes back and apologises some more. All this waiting really isn’t good enough, so he’s upgraded us to a suite.

It has a view of the Space Needle.

I’m getting a good feeling about Seattle.

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?