Thursday, September 14, 2006

...last night I had that strange dream, where everything was exactly how it seemed

9.06 On Time
I sleep in!!!

I hate sleeping in.


By that I don’t mean I hate a lazy weekend lie-in or staying in bed till two just because you can (although I'm not over keen on them either). I mean a “Bugger! It’s twenty past eight and I’m meant to be up at quarter past seven” style crisis.

You wouldn’t have to be Anne Boleyn to count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I’ve overslept. That’s how much I hate it. I’ll lie awake half the night with getting-up-on-time anxiety over something really important.

Sleeping in demonstrates a lack of control and it puts you on the back foot which is why, as I walk through the office door this morning, I will be pretending I that I meant to do it, actually, just because I fancied another late start. O.K?

Sleeping In – The Postal Service
Data Centre – Ellis Island Sound
Pete Standing Alone – Boards Of Canada
End – The Cure
Don’t Look Back And It Won’t Hurt – Richmond Fontaine
Baby Genius - Eels
Sleepy – Grand Drive

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?