Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Wednesday 30th August - Victoria

Bastion Square
"I close my eyes, only for a moment and the moment's gone..."

I'm brought to a standstill - pint of something local (the name of which escapes me) in hand - by what I'm hearing.
'Ohmygod. "Dust in the Wind". It's "Dust in the Wind". By Kansas.' I add. As though there could be any confusion.

'What?'
Tim's incomprehension is evident.

' "Dust in the Wind!". "Kansas!". Listen!'

"All we do, crumbles to the ground though we refuse to see"

'I've never heard this before in my life.'
The subtext is obvious: and if I ever hear this piece of nonsense again it will be too soon. How can she be so indiscriminate?

Canada's great.


Before the end of the holiday I will have heard Rupert Holmes' "Escape (the pina colada song)" twice and become reacquainted with "My Eyes Adored You" by Frankie Valli, once my second favourite song of all time.

What a country.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?