Wednesday, October 25, 2006

"A Replacement Bus Service Will Be Provided"

7.31 Cancelled : Mechanical Failure. (Damn you Tim Hall! You made this happen!!!)

As I walked down the street I was even thinking that sometimes I LOVE catching the train in the morning, especially the early one. Not missing the train or having it cancelled or being late because it’s delayed . Not when it’s full of shrieking teenagers and skrieking children. Not even catching it in the evenings, when it's full and I’m tired and crabby and sometimes nod off embarrassingly.

But how, in the morning, when the streets are quiet and dark, when the day is still full of promise and the air smells of potential and, if I really wanted to, I could just go anywhere... I love catching the train…


Now I’m cold. I’ve spent forty minutes walking round the platform in small circles, in my thin shoes, listening to other people going on and on.

Stop going on and on.
There’s no point.
Swear violently if you need to, but then shutthefuckup and get over it.

That replacement bus service? I don't care what the tannoy said: it ain't gonna happen.

8.10 On Time
Pah!

Another Girl Another Planet – The Only Ones
(I Don’t Want To Go To ) Chelsea- Elvis Costello
Treason – Teardrop Explodes
White Riot – The Clash
Making Plans For Nigel – XTC
Roadrunner – Jonathan Richman
No More Heroes – The Stranglers
Whole Wide World – Wreckless Eric
Sheena Is A Punk Rocker – The Ramones
Girl From Mars - Ash

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?