Wednesday, November 08, 2006

17.12 On Time
Hmmm ... any positive things from today?
IneffectualManager was kind and tried his best to drag the answers from me, without once staring at my chest.

Other than that, pretty crappy actually. If I'd been asked which football team I support I think my answer would've been: "...erm, Coldplay?"

Despite being due to start at 11.00 it was 12.30 before I was 'called'.
It played havoc with my preparation; 'peaked too soon' doesn't come into it.
I'd gone beyond nerves, into tension, and through hysteria finally fetching up at icy calm, and slightly bored.
Icy calm and slightly bored is not ideal for an interview situation. Adrenalin is needed to kick-start the self-aggrandisement chemicals and remember - exaggeration is not lying.

But now, it's all over and I'm left to dwell on the dumb responses and even more on the endless endless endless ... silences.

I did get to say "I think we need to be engaging with the MySpace Generation" though. The panel looked puzzled, but they wrote it down.

One By One - Wilco
Tinseltown In The Rain - The Blue Nile
Portastudio - Roddy Frame
Leaving New York - REM
Evaporated - Ben Folds Five
Stretch Out & Wait - The Smiths
Planet Telex - Radiohead
All We Have Is Now - Flaming Lips

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?