Monday, December 04, 2006

17.12 Twenty Three Minutes Late
Standing on the platform, listening for the announcements; it's already five minutes late.
Still raining, but that doesn’t bother me at this side of the day. I’m on my way home - so what if I get soaked?
Being cold and wet and tired makes getting home even more pleasurable.
Makes thinking about getting home even more pleasurable.
Which is just as well.


Ten minutes late now.
I can think about food or I can think about the exercise bike.
Thinking about food is my default setting, so I concentrate on the exercise bike and how much better I’ll feel if I make the effort. Glowing and righteous and deserving of my tea.

It only takes half an hour. It’s nothing. I really should do it.

Fifteen minutes late, and bored by forbearance.
My impetus is ebbing away. I’ll do it tomorrow. It’s OK as long as I manage four times a week. Anyway, I did it yesterday.


And my feet are freezing, and I’m really hungry.

The Model - Belle & Sebastian
The Look Of Love - Dusty Springfield
Falling Away With You - Muse
And Around - Josh Rouse
Eight Lives Left - E
Over You Now - Kate Rusby
Early Years - Laura Cantrell
Maggie May - Rod Stewart
Because - Elliott Smith



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?