Friday, December 22, 2006

17.12 Five Minute Late
I was so proud of myself. I left the office after a glass or two of wine, having declined the opportunity to go to the pub, because I had a hot Morrisons date lined up. But the train was disorientating. Apart from the ManWithTheIceCreamHair there was no one in the entire carriage that I recognised. Everyone had gone home early or decided that 'Oh, go on, just one then' was a viable option.

PrissyConductor wound me up with his scrupulous insistence on meticulously concluding each ticketing transaction before opening any doors - what's wrong with the "I'll get back to you in a second" that everyone else employs?

Walking home from the station, the queue at the chip shop was the longest ever. Out of the door, across the pavement, onto the street. I looked for a sign saying "Last chips before the apocalypse" but there didn't seem to be one.

Bolton Wanderer - Planning To Rock

Alone Together - The Strokes
The Real Slim Shady - Eminem
Bitches Ain't Shit - Ben Folds
Man In The Iron Mask - Billy Bragg
Marble Arch - Roddy Frame
Back To The Old House - The Smiths
Gardening At Night - REM

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?