Monday, February 12, 2007

17.12 On Time
I had imagined that the best thing about returning to work today would be the opportunity it would give me to bask in the warm greetings of the colleagues who had missed my sparkling banter, rapier-sharp wit and immense intellectual presence.

I had to make do with: “Are you better? You look awful!”

I am better.
Not 100% better, but enough better so that I can stay awake for more than 30 minutes at a stretch and am no longer off my head in the twilight world of Night+Day Nurse flu remedy, scattering baffling, unfinished, anti-Wise email rants hither and thither in place of my usual wail of despair concise, considered, post-match analysis.

As it turned out, the actual best thing about returning to work today was the post-it note ExLineManager had stuck to my desk: “Finance Company Unwinding Deal. Ring C”.

I rang 'C' (my CurrentFavouriteConsumer) to tell him he was, at a stroke, no longer in debt to the tune of £9,000. Now there’s job satisfaction.
On ringing I discovered something else about my CFC which made me even more pleased to be bringing him joy:I dialled his mobile number and his phone sang to me “Marching on Together, we’re gonna See. You. Win…na na na na na na …” turns out he’s one of us, and I never even knew it!

...which brings me back to Wise, going off half cocked again


No Dancing - Elvis Costello
Buck Rogers - Feeder
Dreamer - Supertramp
Rise Up With Fists- Jenny Lewis
Mushaboom - Feist
My Love - Wings
The Mariner's Revenge Song - The Decemberists

Labels: ,




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?