Thursday, February 15, 2007

17.12 On Time
Any thoughtless fool can pick up a telephone and book a table at a cozy restaurant, or order an extravagant out of season bouquet; it takes a special kind of mind to come up with the inaugural session of an open mic night in the middle of nowhere as a Valentine's treat.

The room was large, cold and bathed in unfriendly light, but the sound was good.

The Von Trapp Family gave us an enthusiastic ‘American Idiot’. Scott on bass has improved beyond recognition, but his mother’s vocals are scary and wrong

The ruddy-faced lad behind the bar looked like a farmer, and, in spite of my love/hate relationship with farmers there is always something comforting about a drinking environment which encompasses those who spend most of their day in the cab of a Massey Fergie or swearing at sheep. I feel I know where I am with farmers. I hate them, but abstractly and without passion.

Things being what they are, I had much more fun watching Tim perform 'Crazy' in a Back of Beyond Social Club than I would’ve had sitting at home watching the Brits, so (even though I don’t think I’m totally restored to full health yet as I had just the one drink all night and was quite happy with it) the evening turned out pretty well, considering.

You Do Something To Me - Paul Weller
Everybody’s Talkin’ - Nilsson
On & On - Stephen Bishop
Always On My Mind - Willie Nelson
Subterranean Homesick Blues - Bob Dylan
Woman Driving, Man Sleeping - Eels
When The Roses Bloom Again - Laura Cantrell
Shivering Sun- Lorien

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?