Friday, February 16, 2007

8.10 On Time
I can’t work out the story of the Woman Who Looks As Though She’s Going For Hospital Treatment. Late 50’s/early 60’s. Impeccable grooming (she never leaves the house without her face on). Her timing is unpredictable. About three trips a week, but not regular days. Usually the early train – but not always. She appears to carry a small overnight bag – but it could just be an oversized handbag.
I’ve never seen her on the return journey.

The reason I name her “Looks As Though She’s Going For Hospital Treatment” is down to the way her husband is always, always, there to wave her off, and the way he always, always gives her a hug and a kiss before she leaves. There is a look behind his eyes which says: “You’re very brave. Take Care. I don’t know what I’d do without you.”

I Fought In A Was – Belle & Sebastian
Down To The River – Alison Krauss
Trusted – Ben Folds
Help – The Beatles
No Better Place - Fountains Of Wayne
The Salt Wound Routine – Thirteen Senses
Svefn – G – Englar – Sigur Ros

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?