Friday, March 09, 2007

16.12 On Time
Finally, after much protest, wailing and gnashing of teeth and many false starts, it really is ending. This weekend 'the office move' is on. Official.

It meant Wednesday was my last day with Lovely, and it was overwhelmingly anti-climactical.
He spent all day packing then left early while I was on a call. It's not as if we're never going to see each other again, but things are not going to be the same.
As a confidante he is perfect as while he is insightful and non judgemental, he has no real curiosity. He is without shame but easily embarrassed. Hard as nails but mortified by a possibility that he may have caused offence.

When I didn't get the job it was his spontaneous hug that reduced me to tears.

I will also lose Leanne, who has been both my Jiminy Cricket and co-conspirator for years - goodness knows how I will cope when I'm left to flounder alone, relying on my own flawed conscience.

And Charlie. Kindred spirit of project books and the only person I know who is more organised than I am (oh, not counting Leanne). One of the stubbornest, honestest, funniest people I've ever met.


This afternoon I left all my work-worldly goods packed in a crate - goodness knows where they'll be by Monday.

Friday I'm In Love - The Cure
Western Skies - Roddy Frame
The Year Of The Cat - Al Stewart
Baker Street - Gerry Rafferty
My Little Town - Simon & Garfunkel
The Night - Soft Cell
You Wear It Well - Rod Stewart
Another Girl Another Planet - The Only Ones

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?