Thursday, March 08, 2007

Think Of Me And Try Not To Laugh

16.12 On Time
I always wanted to be the woman in 'You Wear It Well'.
She is clear eyed and level headed, but enigmatic. Shrewd but uncynical. Detached but not aloof. She is enthralling but not exasperating. She had the sense to leave Rod Stewart but he's still pining for her.

I long to be pined for.

I long to be pined for in much the same way as I long to be able to wear frocks in the daytime and carry it off, knowing full well it will never happen because I'm not that kind of girl.

I quite fancy being the one out of "Year of the Cat" as well, although I suspect she's not much good in a crisis and her charms would soon wear thin.

You'd wake up one morning with a dry mouth and a thumping headache wondering how in God's name you'd got yourself involved with the neurotic bitch. You'd creep out of bed and silently, frantically, root through your pockets till you found that pesky lost ticket then you'd be out the door without a backward glance.

When you thought of her (because you would think of her) it would be with relief at your narrow escape and not regret for the one who got away.

You Wear It Well - Rod Stewart
White Horses - Jackie
Eleanor Rigby - The Beatles
Downtown - Petula Clarke
Whiskey In The Jar - Thin Lizzy
I'm Not In Love - 10CC
Dec '63 - The Four Seasons
Year Of The Cat - Al Stewart

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?