Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I'm Eternally Grateful To My Past Influences

7.31 On Time
I'm listening to The Fall, and I'm thinking "We danced to this?"
Is it my memory playing tricks? We did dance to it didn't we? But how?

I know what my "Into The Valley" looked like, and my "Gangsters" and my "Night Boat To Cairo" (all quite similar, truth be told - very angular) . I can still do the "Eton Rifles" (bouncy) and I can recreate (though not sustain) "Electricity"(flailing).

But how did we ever come to be dancing to "How I Wrote Elastic Man"?
Who on earth decided that was a good idea?

In my head, and knowing the opportunity won't arise, I'm working out how my "Standing In The Way Of Control" would go. Conclusion: red-faced & sweaty for me, embarrassing for any unfortunate onlooker. Unseemly, but I really want to give it a go.

Oh heck. I feel like dancing.

How I Wrote Elastic Man - The Fall
Do Anything You Wanna Do - Eddie & The Hot Rods
The Boys Are Back In Town - Thin Lizzy
Cherry Cola - Eagles Of Death Metal
On Top - The Killers
Hard To Beat - Hard-Fi
Standing In The Way Of Control - The Gossip
This Fire - Franz Ferdinand

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?