Monday, June 11, 2007

16.12 On Time
My Origami calendar has hit a lame spell.

Last week I was entreated to produce a fan.
Come on guys! Any five year old can "fold a sheet of paper like an accordion" and make a fan - it's instinct, it doesn't take a diagram!
Next came a 'slug bug' wtf? Followed by an 'unusual' (as in 'crap') picture frame and a 'nice' bow tie. I needed a dollar bill to make that last one. I know a dollar doesn't get you much these days, but it still seems like a waste.

This morning sunk to a new low with nothing to make at all. This morning I got 'tips on scoring'. 'Fold the paper carefully'. 'Use a blunt knife'. 'If you have a ruler that might come in handy'.

Guys, guys! It's Monday morning.

I need a challenge. Something to put a smile on the face of a colleague. Something like the week of finger puppets from just before the holiday - now that was inspired. Maybe a dolphin? An orangutan? What about the classic 'preying mantis' ?

There's half the year left; they can't have run out of ideas already, surely? I know I haven't.

The Trials Of Van Occupanther - Midlake

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?