Thursday, June 14, 2007

16.12 On Time
I may not have had much enthusiasm for the Customer Care course but I really, really wanted to win those Maltesers.


My first attempt at pitching my pipe cleaner idea was met with indifference. But after the coffee break when Leanne & WildMoodSwings hadn’t come up with anything better they became, like the pipe cleaners, quite pliable. I set to work.


At the judging there was a tense moment, a bit like being in the boardroom on The Apprentice, when it was touch and go between us and the sheer cheek of the man who’d had the nerve to do nothing at all with his.

I had to feign unconcern while my every fibre was screaming "Ours is best! Ours is best! We should win!" (I think someone had switched on that dramatic cliffhanger heartbeat sound effect too).

I like to think it was the explanation that swung it:

“We have worked as a team to make pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. All the pieces join together and no one piece is more important than the other because if any single piece is missing, the picture is incomplete.”

The Maltesers were in the bag.

The 'Go' In The Go For It - Grandaddy
Roscoe - Midlake
Suppose - Leaves
Full Of Stars - Turin Brakes
Stranger By The Minute - Porcupine Tree
Gardening At Night - REM
Reward - Teardrop Explodes

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?