Monday, July 02, 2007

17.12 On Time
I've been staring out of the window not really thinking about anything much.

Working backwards I find I've been not really thinking about how unlikely it would be to find a man in hounds-tooth check attractive. Not really thinking about whether signing up to 'Lastfm' was a good idea or whether I'll just become obsessed. Not really thinking about the smoking ban and not really thinking, at some length, about one of my favourite photos with me in it.

Unsurprisingly, it's of me & my Dad.

Butlins, Filey - '65 or '66?

I think it's the same year we met the family from the Isle of Man. They had two "big boys" and I spent a lot of the holiday determinedly avoiding looking at or speaking to them. There are a couple of snaps of them holding hands with me, in front of a fountain. I look sulky and awkward, they look kind and embarrassed.

But anyway - me & my Dad. On the Carousel.
And the smoking ban; eighteen years too late.

The World That I Wanted - Willy Mason
My Beloved Monster - Eels
Head Home - Midlake
Freetime - Trashcan Sinatras
Sorry Or Please - Kings Of Convenience
Just One Name - Astrid
Boy With A Problem - Elvis Costello

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?