Monday, July 02, 2007

7.31 On Time
Tom Stoppard will be 70 tomorrow.

Flipping heck.

When I was doing my A'Levels (and a bit beyond) I had a massive crush on Tom Stoppard. It was sort of tied up with the obligatory crush on my English teacher. In reality they both smoked way too much, so it would never have worked out.

If you were to stop me and demand a quote from a play I would, without hesitation, produce: "We cross our bridges when we come to them, and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress but a memory of the smell of smoke and a presumption that, once, our eyes watered"

It's as true today as it's ever been.

Olympian - Gene
Slight Return - The Bluetones
Happy Heart - Andy Williams
One Of Those Days - Athlete
In It For The Money - Supergrass
Sleeping Lessons - The Shins
Far Far Away - Slade
Like Soldiers Do - Billy Bragg
Glass Houses - Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?