Tuesday, July 24, 2007

7.31 Five Minutes Late
Lying in bed last night trying to get into "The Tenderness of Wolves" I was overwhelmed by hopeless bleak despair. I don't think the book had anything to do with it, it doesn't seem fantastically well written, but I am expecting a good yarn. Anyway, I lay there, unexpectedly engulfed by waves of sadness and bone aching loneliness.

There were some tears.


I'm fine now, of course. No trace left of whatever the hell that was about except for an echo of the embarrassment my emotional fastidiousness requires following any uncontrolled outpouring.
Even one with no witness.

Lightness - Death Cab For Cutie
How It Should Be (Sha Sha) - Ben Kweller
The Man Who Murdered Love - XTC
When I Dream - Teardrop Explodes
No Cars Go - Arcade Fire
Death Letter - White Stripes

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?