Tuesday, August 07, 2007

16.12 On Time
At the start of the conversation he was prickly and hostile, but I won him round with my soothing "I'm sure it was a misunderstanding, let's just get it sorted out now, shall we?" approach.
(Sometimes my disingenuity knows no bounds. I should be ashamed.)

Trouble is, once we were friends he wanted to explain everything:"Mr X drove a very hard bargain you know, he beat the price down by £400." A second hand car dealer with 40 years experience came out second best in price negotiations?
He explained that as well: "Mr X is a very .. clever man... "

He went on to imply that Mr X would try to pull the wool over my eyes - which he may well do, but do you know what? I really didn't care anymore.

"I remember him very well, even though it was last year. He's..."

I sensed something troubling him.
"He's...a... "
He appeared to be struggling for the right words.
"... a Homosexual-Type man"

He sounded mortified.

So, the source of his chagrin was not me harping on about some dodgy exhaust, it was about him being bested in a business deal by a Homosexual-Type man.

Imagine if that got out. He'd be finished in Wigan.

He Tried To Escape - Midlake
Drunk Kid Catholic - Bright Eyes
Already Dead - Beck
So Sorry - Feist
Such Great Heights - Iron & Wine
Tainted Love - Soft Cell
I Turn My Camera On - Spoon

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?