Tuesday, August 28, 2007

If I Thought You'd Ever Change Your Mind

8.10 On Time
We put it off all weekend. It became inevitable. Morrisons: Bank Holiday Monday.

For speed and efficiency we have separate trolleys and separate lists. We rendezvous by the jalapenos. There is no preamble: "'I will bring you flowers'... What's that about? 'I will bring you flowers' what are they playing that for?" He looks outraged.

I look less glum: "Yeah! it's years since I heard that!" (I sing) "'wrapped in a box, and tied with a yellow bow, I will bring you sunny days...da di da ' Who did that?"

"I don't know. Drippy Hippie dippy rubbish ... I wrote it down"

(He waves his list at me, in case I am in any doubt.)

I'm much less glum now, and wave my list back.

"So did I!"

These are the moments when you know you are with The Right One.

I Want You To Want Me - Lobo
Sad Sweet Dreamer - Sweet Sensation
Day Dreamer - David Cassidy
Driving Away From Home - It's Immaterial
Hey, Jealousy - Gin Blossoms
Oblivious - Aztec Camera
The Most Beautiful Girl In The World - Charlie Rich
Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon - Neil Diamond

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?