Monday, September 24, 2007

"I know it don't thrill you, I hope it don't kill you"

8.10 Five Minutes Late
Sometimes the jukebox is perfectly synchronised to my mood. I don't tell it where to start, it just knows.

It is important that my mood is enhanced, as I am feeling a little despondent of late.

The facade of over inflated self-worth, cynicism and cast iron certainty which I craftily project to disguise my overwhelming insecurity and terminal lack of confidence can, funnily enough, sometimes work so well that I forget it's all a front. Then something happens to pull me up short and slap me round the face with the facts. "Haha", the inner voice cackles, "you almost had you fooled. Well, now wake up!"

I've been thinking about the future and checking the vacancies. In my darker moments I wonder if I could ever fool anyone else for long enough to get another job.

Welcome To The Working Week - Elvis Costello
Just A Day - Feeder
Salute My Shorts! - Rilo Kiley
Health and Efficiency - Cinerama
Ticket To Ride - The Beatles
Spectacular Views - Rilo Kiley
Fake Empire - The National
Tart - Elvis Costello

Labels: ,




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?