Monday, September 17, 2007

"You're damn right there is, but we can't talk about it now"

17.12 On Time
I know it's your belief that dwelling on problems is the cause of problems.
I know you believe in the power of positive thinking and looking on the bright side.
But there are times when that just won't do. There are times when something isn't right and, for me at least, ignoring it won't make it go away.

I worry that if it does come out it will be in one of those tearful outbursts of stammering incoherence to which I am prone. So, for this reason, I practice the sentences in my head. I take a deep breath and decide that tonight will be the night. I run through the pros and cons. I hear everything I know you will say. I rehearse my replies. I remain rational and calm. The trouble is (and it happens this way every time) I arrive at my destination as I reach the conclusion: it's down to me.

If you're not happy with something in your life you should change it or stop complaining about it.

That will be your bottom line.

But I'm too lazy and too much of a coward for that so, once again, I'll pack away my carefully prepared arguments and say nothing. I'll see how I feel tomorrow. It'll be OK by then, I'll have it all worked through.

There's no need to make trouble when everything's fine is there?

The Absence Of God - Rilo Kiley
Tiny Vessels - Death Cab For Cutie
You Can't Fail Me Now - Joe Henry
Ocean Of Noise - Arcade Fire
Whatever You Want To Haunt You - Ben Weaver
Last Harbor - American Music Club
He's Simple, He's Dumb, He's The Pilot - Grandaddy

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?